Just another WordPress.com site

Pomegranate

7 responses

1. Each seed is like a nugget oh gold.

December 29, 2010 at 6:34 pm

• That witty lil’ post was written by my dear friend Weijia who hi-jacked my phone! But she is sorta right!

December 29, 2010 at 6:37 pm

2. Stephanie Randazzo

I am going to share with you, a stranger, because you gave me a small amount of info to follow an interest. I often think my life is isolated from adults and adult intelligence, adult stimulation and interests – because I am with my own kids or the kids at the schools I work – and far less often am I with adults. Even though I work with adults, I am the only nurse, as shared between two psych schools and, even though the numbers are small, I am busy with teaching health to challenging kids, attending to somatic complaints, and true fears, concerns because a nurse serves a role unlike that of teacher or clinician. A psych nurse in the setting in which I work feels like being a mother to a large number of kids that need, some that do not listen and understand my wisdom.

So, from corresponding a bit with you and Susan’s blog, I know my camera is a point and shoot, I have read to know about pixels and sensor screens, picture quality, cropping, printing vs sharing online. I find small ways to use my simple camera and take pictures. I was just standing on a stool in my kitchen to take a pic of Christmas cactus blooms. I get excited and I upload them onto my Mac book. I see what I want to email to a friend or to put in my simple blog.

I realize all our lives have much ordinary in it. Our ordinary may be different, but there is a lot of ordinary. So, standing on a stool (me, the serious divorced mom and psych nurse), taking a picture while my amazing, sweet and awesome autistic son is nervous because he thinks my camera is a type of timer (I use a timer in his programs I run to teach him skills) gives me a smile of pleasure and joy in the midst of my ordinary.

Thank you, Joel!

December 30, 2010 at 3:02 pm

3. yum. (to the photo)

and hugs to u stephanie!

January 2, 2011 at 1:19 am

4. Stephanie Randazzo

Thank you, Rona …. A surprise, but in my opinion, hugs are most always great!

January 2, 2011 at 1:54 pm

5. I’m glad my blog and thoughts have been inspiring, I bet your Xmas cactus photo is terrific! Have a great New Year -J

January 2, 2011 at 5:12 pm

6. This is one of my all time favorite photos, and it happens to be of one of my all time favorite foods! It’s simple, gorgeous and the colors are beautiful.

January 6, 2011 at 11:58 am